Counselling for adults
The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.
Whether due to uncertainty about the future, or a desire to make sense of current life events, consulting a professional can be beneficial. Through active listening, Leslie comes to understand the details and background of the situation. Working together client and counsellor establish a mutually trusting relationship. Focusing on the client’s strengths and highlighting their resources, the client gradually feels empowered to take an active role in determining how to move forward. Counselling can help, for a better relationship with self and others.
Below are a few common reasons for consulting.
- An initiative to be intentional while starting a new chapter of life
- A major life transition
- Postpartum blues
- A new relationship
- A move
- Health issues
- An accident
- An unexpected event
- An uncomfortable work situation
- Family tensions
- The loss of a loved one
- An overwhelming need to express frustrations
- Feelings of injustice, isolation or uncertainty
- Lack of self-confidence
- A desire to improve self-expression